Thursday, February 18, 2010

Friends make me feel better.

As cliched as the statement above is, a lot of times when I feel shitty in general, I can count on hanging out with my friends to help boost me back to my normal happy levels. Since I have been unemployed I have been getting more pissed off and depressed for obvious reasons (losing money, having parents pissed at me, etc.), but when I get to hang with my friends, and when I get to bring them to my parents and have them interact with them, I get a load off my back and I can see how nice my friends are and how happy my parents are that I have such nice, friendly and polite friends that they also enjoy having over. It doesn't even matter to me if my own friends talk more to my parents than they do me, as long as they are having a good time, and the attention is off of me for a little (ok, I do obviously talk and bring attention to myself when recalling stories).

My good friend Sam came back from college and I was able to hang out with her today even though it consisted only of helping her make dinner for her family, eating dinner with my parents and then watching the Olympics with my parents and one of her friends who dropped by. It was great when Sam's friend Cal dropped in and my folks were all too happy to meet him and give him some of our still warm leftover steak, salad, mashed potatoes and even cake and ice cream. Plus he and Sam provided great topics of conversation and were able to joke around with my mom and dad which is always a plus in my family.

After hanging out with my friends, I always feel a bit more confident and better off knowing that I have such good friends to hang out with. I will always be glad to have my best friend Josh nearby and could not thank him enough last week when we went on the most amazing adventure I have ever taken (including most of my time spend in Europe). It was so great, that I am nearly frothing at the mouth to do it again just so I can take so many more pictures of the place we went to. Its times like these when friends really are great and can help you that much more with your problems than just your family support.

No comments:

Post a Comment